Cary Senior Technology
- Volunteers are here to help you for Free!
- By submitting a Help Request, one of our volunteers will help you,
at a time of your choosing, to freely share their expertise in
solving your technical problem.
- We have expertise in Microsoft Windows, Apple products(iOS,
iPhones, iPads), Android devices(smart phones, tablets, etc.),
Chromebooks and Linux.
- We can also help you in a variety of other areas such as: social
media, Facebook, Twitter, Cutting the Cable, Streaming, Smart Homes,
Internet Security, home network & Home Surveillance.
- Help is provided by our volunteers for free on a "best effort"
basis and does not guarantee that all problems will be fixed.
However, we do have an extensive level of expertise to be shared.
- Free help is available on WebEx and Zoom video
- WebEx and Zoom user's guide links are available
under "Training Materials".
- Free Video Conferencing help can be scheduled by simply submitting
a help request. (Just click on the Help Request link above.)
- Get ready to take online classes from the Town of Cary.
(Frequently Asked Questions)
As we help users fix problems, we compile common
results into a FAQ file for your reference. As problems and
solutions are encountered, they are added to the FAQ document.
Check here often as new information is being added all the time.
If your problem is not listed, feel free to submit a Help
Networking - Help and Debug
- "SpeedTest.net" - This will check
the performance of your internet connection using the
"Speedtest.net" web site. (Important for movie streaming and
debugging home network performance.)
- "SpeedTest - Speakeasy" -
This will also check the performance of your internet connection
using the "Speakeasy" web site. (Another well established network
performance monitoring web site.)
- "Public IP Address" - This is your
public internet IP address that web sites see. (Handy for checking
your VPN service)
Town of Cary
Handy links to the Town of Cary. (Also shown on the right.)
- Senior Center Web Page -
This is the Town of Cary's web page for Cary senior center specific
- "MyCary.org - All Classes"
- This directs you to the Town of Cary's remote class signup showing
all classes available for signup. You will need to create an ID, on
their site, to register for any of these classes.
- MyCary.org - CSTE Classes"
- This is a list of just upcoming CSTE classes taught through the
Town of Cary. Hint: Search for: "Computer Education"
- "MyCary.org Trouble Ticket"
- If you are having problems with the "MyCary.org" web site....
logging on, passwords etc, this is a shortcut to their help request
Full Class Schedule - This will re-direct you to our
CSTE web site where we list all the classes we are offering through
the Town of Cary. (MyCary.org shows only the near term coming
classes.) You can NOT sign up for these classes until they become
available on MyCary.org.