Cary Senior Tech Ed is operated by about 50 dedicated volunteers whose goal is to teach senior citizens how to use technology to make their lives fuller and better informed. Through our efforts we hope to build a community of individuals who use the computer to make their presence known in the world and to improve the quality of their lives and their community. Here, older adult volunteers help other older adults pursue independent and active lives of quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Senior Tech Ed for learning computers?
- Hands on classes with your peers and by your peers
- Twelve or fewer students per class
- One instructor and two coaches per class
- Very low cost
- Up to date computers and technology
How much do the courses cost?
- An eight session class costs $40
- Shorter courses cost less
- Some single session classes are free
- Non-Cary residents pay a little more
What does the Cary group provide for its class fees?
- The class, the coaches and the instructors
- Instructional notebooks for use in class and at home
- Instructional CD's for use in class and at home
- A fun learning experience